Monday, February 28, 2011

How to Draw the Human Figure from Your Imagination

I have soooooooo many posts I've been wanting to put into blog form if I can ever get the time. I think the next chance I get I'm going to take a day off and just write all of them down and then post them every couple of weeks. At the end of this post I've linked to an amazing figure drawing tutorial series. Below I've posted one of the images from my new book coming out soon, "The Little Boy Without a Name and Without a Birthday". The whole book largely focoused on the human figure in wild perspectives, ethnicities, ages, and poses. So I deffinetly wish I could have purchased the full series of figure drawing tutorials before doing that book. instead I had to struggle through and even strike the pose myself a few times.
               For tonight I remembered a website I came across a while back that looked like the number one thing that pretty much any illustrator of any kind would definitely need and desire to become a better illustrator in strides. The website does an amazing job of giving short lessons and video tutorials on how to draw the human figure from your imagination. It is by far the best resource I have found on this subject to date. So here it is http://www.alienthink.com/inventiontocompletehumanbeing.blogspot.html There are dvds and downloads that can be purchased or you can just watch the free tutorials ont eh website and learn a ton just from those. Enjoy!!! I haven't bought them myself yet as I haven't had the money but will do so the first chance I get.


No comments: