Friday, June 10, 2011

Mail Art For James Gurney's Contest

Today I was working on the book cover for one fo my books listening to an episode of "This American Life" called "Letters" when I realized today is the day! Today is the day James Gurney posted the mail art he recieved for his contest. I wanted to make a video for his video contest a while back but didn't have time, then wanted to do this mail art contest and ran out of time up till the very last second. Then I realized the post office was closed that day as it was memorial day weekend. SO I asked James if he coudl move the postmark deadline until after memorial day and he did! Yeah! So while I'm not really happy with my entry I did in fact get to enter. Please head over to his blog and vote on the entries today and tomorrow. http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2011/06/envelope-art-contest-please-vote.html There are some great entries by others.

Here's my mail art for the contest.

2 comments:

James Gurney said...

Hey, Matthew, thanks for entering. I love the drawing you did.

Matthew Gauvin said...

Thanks James! It's a pleasure to be able to participate. If you ever do another I'll go at it full force,LOL.