Monday, May 30, 2011

IF "asleep"

This week's illustration friday word is "asleep". It was extremely hard for me to chose one single image to use for this because nearly every book I have ever done has the main character fall asleep somewhere in the book. Kind of makes me want to write  a book where the main characters special ability is that they never have to sleep. I have often wondered what it would be like if our bodies didn't need rest and we could just keep going for days without sleep and without feeling tiered. Anyway, for IF I chose to use a drawing from the book I am currently working on "Allegra Friend of All Monsters"

I thought it would be neat to post my other characters sleeping as well. I had no idea how many sleeping characters I actually had until doing this. These are all from different books and I may have even more I wasn't able to find.
                                                        
                                              "Samantha and the Box Turtle" Coming out this year

                                             "The Caterpillar and the Express Train" available on Amazon

"The Litlle Boy Without a Name and Without a Birthday" coming out this year
         
"Spirit Driver"

"Rudy Reporting for Duty" My first Book!

"Clara and the One Eyed Sand Hog" My second Book!

2 comments:

Morph Waffle said...

Oh my gosh, they're all so sweet and wonderful!

Matthew Gauvin said...

Thanks Missy!