Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Overwhelmed With Joy

This past month and particularly the past week has been extremely busy. So I really haven't found the time to do much for this blog. I have six projects going at the moment so I have more than enough new work to show but no time to put it in blog form. It's been probably over a year since I've updated my website. I'll get to that eventually I'm sure. This past week alone I worked on my various projects, went to Boston to do a PowerPoint presentation for the senior illustration class at Mass. college of Art and Design, helped my brother knights of Columbus with a fish fry for lent, bible study, a young adult group holy hour and gathering and topped the week off by proposing to my girlfriend. SHe said yes!!!! Just now I began to realize how cool it will be to finally get to add a particular line to the end of my bio about how "Matthew Gauvin lives in Vermont with his beautiful wife . . . ".

        Now I'm finding it particularly difficult to get back to work as the temperatures soar to 70 and 80 degrees for the first time this year, I dug two stuck cars out of the muddy driveway yesterday, I've spent time writing to and talking to friends and family about the engagement, and I just have this overall feeling of excitement and joy wanting to be out basking in all of the warm graces God has been showering over my life. Yes it's true I have summer fever but it's Ooooh so much more than that! I want to build gardens and journey along new paths, walk in the sun and splash in the rain puddles, shoot my bow in the backyard while BBQing ribs on the grill and knocking back a cold one. Summer is here folks! and what a great summer it's shaping up to be. Thanks to all who have stopped by the blog, commented, read, shared, or in any way participated in this blog.

    In the near future I hope to show my progress on the BBQ logo, show some finished work from my recent children's book, show some new bull illustrations, BW's from my new chapter book, sketches and final art for my new Cobblestone assignment, and I've been meaning to get to all kinds of other blog post ideas I've had in mind for some time.

No comments: